Diversity at Barclays
We welcome and encourage diversity in all we do. From the unique experiences and talents of our colleagues to the rich cultures and beliefs that influence who we are, Barclays brings us all together, united in a common vision of growth.
As our company reaches farther across the globe, we want our colleagues to reflect the communities we serve in every country where we have a presence. Our commitment to diversity extends across the globe. This commitment has been captured and clarified in our Diversity Charter.
It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Barclays Vision for Diversity - Success through Inclusion
- Shines a beacon of enlightened equality and diversity policies and practices worldwide, and is emulated by our competitors
- Considers that achieving equality and diversity makes good business sense and is a business imperative
- Integrates equality and diversity rationales into business, employment, supplier and community practices world-wide to bring real business value to the organization and to our shareholders
- Ambitiously pursues about diversity goals and rigorously measures and publishes progress
- Embraces customers of all backgrounds, meeting their individual needs by adapting products and services, making them accessible and appropriate for an increasingly diverse society
- Is recognized as an example in fostering enterprise in minority groups, through understanding a wide range of social situations, cultures, demands, and markets
- Demonstrates informed awareness and understanding of diversity with all its customers
- Appreciates that appealing to a diverse customer base is good for business
- Is a leader in embracing and responding to changing social values
- Encourages financial inclusion and sustainable prosperity
- Takes cultural difference into account when applying our equality and diversity principles in each country in which we operate
- Is known in each country in which we operate as a fair, open-minded, and progressive company
- Respects and values people of all backgrounds and encourages open discussions of views as part of an inclusive culture
- Recruits, develops, and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background
- Deals swiftly and decisively with any incidents of discrimination or other inappropriate behavior
- Has employment policies and practices that support Barclays' people in balancing their work and personal lives, being themselves at work, and giving their best to the organization
- Strives to have a workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate, and the international nature of the organization, at all levels